Search

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Our beloved Dolly Parton

 

I have been watching/listening to Dolly's songs more than before she passed away on 25 August 2026. One 'funny' memory I had with Dolly was when I was in college. Perhaps I was still in semester 3, I was less than 20 years of age back then. One day there was a job vacancy of a radio announcer of one radio station in Jogja. Some friends living in the same boarding house with me tried their luck to apply for it, and so did I. 

I didn't really remember the whole process of that story, except one thing. The interviewer asked me what kind of music genre I liked, I answered country music. Then the interviewer asked me who my favorite country musician was. I answered, "John Denver." The interviewer asked me more, "How about female country musician?" I could not answer, lol. I already knew Dolly Parton back then, of course. I love her melancholic songs entitled 'You Are' and 'I will always love you' which I thought not country songs, 😀 I know 'Island in the stream' sung by Dolly and Kenny Rogers too; in my ears this was not a country song either. 😃

The interviewer didn't seem happy to find out I could not answer her question 😆 and you can guess I didn't get the job 😁 if only I had got that job, my life would be very much different, I believe.

Back to Dolly Parton again. 

I have watched some interviews of hers with some hosts/journalists. Those interviews just showed how smart and humble she was. She was absolutely remarkably loving and lovable.

Rest in peace, superstar. 💓


 N.B.:

And out of the blue I missed my time when studying at American Studies Program, Gadjahmada University. 

PT56 12.51 02 September 2026 

No comments: